Knowing who you are and what you want to achieve can be tricky! In teams, students have the opportunity to interview one another to create a podcast exploring who they are as individuals and as a team, and what their hopes and goals are for the future.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Self-awareness and recognition of own interests, hopes and values in order to set goals for the future
- Draw comparisons of how their own identities and beliefs might be different or similar to those of others
- Practice interviewing skills and questioning techniques
- Explore developing ideas and working in a team environment
- Develop use of project management processes to coordinate tasks and meet deadlines
- Enhance presentation skills and ability to use media elements and digital technologies in order to engage an audience
PEER-SUPPORT PROGRAM YEARS 7-12:
Looking for peer-to-peer mentoring opportunities and a way to enhance your Peer-Support Program?
The two or three day version of 'The Time Capsule' is a way to support your year 7s learning and help them make meaningful connections with senior students in your community. During the program your senior students will be mentored by TRIPOD staff to act as guides, help facilitate and be interviewed as guests on the year 7s podcasts where senior students will share advice and experiences to help your year 7s as they begin their senior school journey.
This program is a great way to support growth and leadership in your senior students and offers your year 7 students a unique learning experience that will help shape their future.
This peer-to-peer program is also a valuable experience for year 10s to work with year 12s as they ask advice on VCE years and prepare for their senior high school years.